I'm celebrating the first day of Vegan Mofo (Month of Food) with this fall flavored frosty coffee. Not only is this one tons cheaper than your national coffee chain's, this is actually vegan.
Yes, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks actually has dairy in it!
Oddly enough, it seems to be the first chilly day of fall where I live, so I'm wearing a sweatshirt while I drink mine.
If you are a coffee hater leave it out and enjoy a pumpkin pie shake instead.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheap-o-chino
Makes about 2 to 3 servings
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (make it from scratch if you want)
- 1/4 cup (63ml) cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup (63ml) So Delicious Coconut creamer original flavor
- 1 cup (250ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc. (I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out - it holds it together!)
- 2 cups ice
Then add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it 1/2 cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
You can add more coconut milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.