Here's another flavor of not-expensive frozen coffee. Add more cocoa if you'd like it more chocolatey.
If you make it the way it is in the recipe there is just a hint of chocolate and it almost tastes like Baileys. Now I can see why many of the vegan Baileys recipes add hazelnut creamer now.
Since I added extra flavored creamer I found no need to add extra sweetener. You can certainly add extra sweetener if you like your sweeter. Taste after blending the main ingredients (before the ice) and add the sweetener at that time, if you want.
Hazelnut Chocolate Cheap-o-chino
Makes about 2 to 3 servings
- 1/4 cup (63ml) cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/2 cup (63ml) So Delicious Coconut creamer hazelnut flavor
- 1 cup (250ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out - it holds it together!)
- 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups ice (use less with a not-so-powerful blender)
Then add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it 1/2 cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
You can add more coconut milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thin.